typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] punk portraits

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Nicole <nicole AT jennywoolworth.ch>
  • To: "typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] punk portraits
  • Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 12:27:41 +0200

hey everyone. I thought I would pass this email from Jenny Lens on to the
group.

Another recent notable photographic contribution to early punk is the book
"1977" by Pietro Mattioli from his 2003 exhibit "...it was 25 years ago
today..." The book, available through Powells in the US, compiles 66
portraits of luminaries from the Zürich punk scene, mostly taken at the
infamous Club Hey. A few familiar faces come up...
(www.likeyou.com/archives/pietro_mattioli_gam_03.htm).

xo
Nicole

jennylens.net/merch: 175 archival photos for sale! LA, NY and Brit bands and
fans (1976-1980). No money, no wall space, no problem! Enjoy them. Bigger
than at jennylens.net, my archive site w/pix and long stories. Please
forward my links and this email!

LA City Beat column devoted/dedicated totally to my work at
http://lacitybeat.com/article.php?id=2700&IssueNum=122 ("The Girl with the
Camera Eye," October 6, 2005).

Please spread the word. Can ONLY continue this work by selling and licensing
my prints. Need grants and major support. This archive needs to be preserved
and shared, or we lose a vital part of our cultural history.

Had no idea what/who were in my files. Seymour Stein, who started Sire and
signed the Ramones. Found him at the Weirdos, Slash magazine benefit show,
Larchmont Hall, July 8, 1977. The Damned and their manager in the audience,
Weirdos, Orpheum, April 16, 1977. My photos confirm long-time stories and
rumors. Who else will turn up? Or as Peter Case, formerly of the Nerves,
told me: "without my photos, their history would be lost."

THANK YOU! Spread the word! I've only just begun . . .
jenny

www.jennylens.net/merch [my online store!]
JENNY LENS PUNK ARCHIVE
jenny AT jennylens.net
www.jennylens.net
www.jennylenspunkpix.blogspot.com
www.myspace.com/jennylens

  • [TypicalGirls] punk portraits, Nicole, 10/09/2005