typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] TypicalGirls Digest, Vol 62, Issue 1

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Tobi Vail <tobi AT killrockstars.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] TypicalGirls Digest, Vol 62, Issue 1
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:56:13 -0700

delta 5 is indeed happening. it should come out very soon on krs. slim--do you have the details handy?

also, while I'm here, y'all should check out Dada Swing, on an extended West Coast tour. they are from Rome, Italy.

here are the tour dates:

6/28 San Francisco, THE HEMLOCK w/ Japanther
6/29 San Francisco, EL RIO
6/30 RECORD
7/01 RECORD
7/02 Santa Cruz, PLYMOUTH HOUSE
7/03 Los Angeles, THE SMELL w/ Mae Shi, King Cobra, My
Robot Ate Me
7/04 Los Angeles, House Party TBA, w/ Dead Western
7/05 San Diego, CHE CAFE w/ Old Haunt and Lowcloudcover
7/06
7/07 El Paso TX, LUCKY DEVIL'S
7/08 Odessa TX, 36 CHAMBERS
7/09 Denton TX, RUBBER GLOVES
7/10 Austin TX, EMO'S w/ JChurch
7/11
7/12 Oklahoma City OK, THE CONSERVATORY
7/13 Lawrence KS, REPLAY LOUNGE w/ The Belles
7/14 Denver CO, HI-DIVE
7/15 DRIVING
7/16 Phoenix AZ, THE TRUNK SPACE
7/17 San Diego CA, VOLTAIRE COLLECTIVE
7/18
7/19
7/20 Modesto, THE MUSTANG
7/21 San Francisco, HEMLOCK, w/ Numbers
7/22 MIX/Oakland, TBA w/ SpezzaRotto and P.A.F.
7/23 Oakland CEREAL FACTORY w/ Murder Murder, K.I.T.,
Hips
7/24 Sacramento, FOOL'S FOUNDATION w/ Paradise Island
7/25 Arcata, PLACEBO HOUSE PARTY w/ Paradise Island
7/26 Portland, THE KNOW w/ Paradise Island, Six Foot Sloth
7/27 Seattle, THE FUNHOUSE w/ Paradise Island, Emma
Zunz, Six Foot Sloth
7/28 Olympia LADYFEST
http://dadaswing.hupconcerti.net/news.html

here is my testimonial about why you should go see them--please FORWARD!!:

hello-
-dada swing, my roman friends --who formed 5 years ago to
open for the frumpies italian tour--are on a lengthy west coast
tour that includes a handful of texan and midwester dates.
please go see them, pay to get in, buy merch and bring as
many people as will come with you. they are amazing. they
play in a similar style as erase errata but remind me of a noisy
free kitten at times and are completely unique sounding. you
need to support them. they also have an Italian touring
company and book tours for american bands who want to
come to Italy. they speak english, italian and german. go hang
out with them. bring them treats and take them to your house
or favorite free food/coffee place. they rule.xx tobi

--
Tobi Vail
Mail Order