typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Raincoats / Solex / LF (m. d.)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "shirley.o'loughlin" <shirley.o'loughlin AT virgin.net>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Raincoats / Solex / LF (m. d.)
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 19:53:54 +0100

Title: Raincoats / Solex / LF (m. d.)
Hi Mabel,

Vicky simply used an electric pickup from her violin which went into an HH or a Fender Twin amp.

The violin sound we were looking for on the first single and album was a sort of John Cale Velvet Underground sound (eg ‘Heroin’) but more edgy/trebley verging on feedback..and then we whacked it up in the mix.

Vicky found this sound mainly because the band always pushed things as far as possible to whatever felt right!

all the best,
Shirley