typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] ana da silva shows in london + an ana question

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: HunnyPi007 AT aol.com
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] ana da silva shows in london + an ana question
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 03:07:57 EST

hear ye, hear ye, all typical girls and boys in the uk, ana has two shows scheduled in london and since many of us here are too far away to witness them, please attend for the list and give us a full report.  thank you!!!   : )

------

here is the low-down:

Thursday 24 February @ Spitz
Ana da Silva
Anat Ben David
Dahlia Schweitzer
Bishi

Wired Women at the Spitz curated by Piney Gir (www.pineygir.com) and Anat Ben-David, our monthly Wired Women nights are an awesome spectacle of femme generated electricity. This month expect electro-folk from Raincoats founder member Ana Da Silva playing from newly released solo album 'The Lighthouse', plus retro-electro from Berlin's Dahlia and humanoid robotnics from Chicks On Speed member Anat.

£5 Spitz, 109 Commercial Street, Old Spitalfields Market, London E1 6BG
0207 247 9747 www.spitz.co.uk

Tuesday 15 March @ London Forum
Le Tigre
Gravy Train
Ana da Silva

0870 060 3777
020 7403 3331
020 7734 8932

24 hour hotline 0871 2200 260
www.gigsandtours.com

------

inquiring typical girl needs to know:

where can i buy ana's UK 7" "in awe of a painting" here in the US?  i'd rather not have to order it from overseas if possible.   (by the way, amazon has her CD!   i know it's not an indie shop, but it still makes me happy to see it there available to all.)

------

by the way dept.:   if you call a gap store and are put on hold, it is likely that you'll hear le tigre's "TKO" as i've heard them play it several times.   another non-indie thing to smile about!  actually, the gap began, in 1969, as a record shop that sold some clothing too.  reminds me of the beloved 99 records store (in nyc in the 80's), where records and clothing also shared the shop's space and where i bought the first raincoats album based on the cover and, then, ed bahlman's recommendation!  : )

typically,
lydia

  • [TypicalGirls] ana da silva shows in london + an ana question, HunnyPi007, 02/18/2005