typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Blunt Stitches.....I'm one of the Stitches

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Jane Sumner <sumner.sf AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Blunt Stitches.....I'm one of the Stitches
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:36:36 -0800

Dear Larry-Bob and all the folks at TypicalGirls,

I'm Jane and I was one of the Blunt Stitches. The is no 45 because Lee
Hazelwood threatened to sue us over "These Hips are Made for Humping". We
did record "Hips" and "Eat My Wad" and I have the cassette from that
recording session along with some promotional photos we took. I have been
thinking of getting the cassette converted to CD. If anyone is interested,
I'll mail them a copy once I do this.

It would never have occurred to me that anyone still thought about us, but
my daughter goggled the Blunt Stitches and came up with this! Strange.
Anyway, thanks for thinking of us.

Jane

  • [TypicalGirls] Blunt Stitches.....I'm one of the Stitches, Jane Sumner, 02/12/2005