typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] The Young Ones

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Dina Hornreich" <dinahornreich AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Typical Girls" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] The Young Ones
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 19:52:22 -0500

Dear Friends of TG:

I've recently been lucky enough to see the DVDs of _The Young Ones_ -- the British TV series from the early 80s. On the show, they frequently have a guest band perform: Motorhead, Madness, The Damned, Dexy's Midnight Runners, etc. In fact, on the TG front, 2 bands appeared on the show: Amazulu (new to me, cute and fun) and Rip Rig + Panic (gotta hear more RRP).

Does anyone know if that was that a young (pre-Buffalo Stance) Neneh Cherry in RRP? This woman's appearance was so different that I was left with a strong feeling that it could not have been Neneh... The music kicked butt, regardless. And I enjoyed the show itself as well -- "butt burp" jokes and all... (blech)

:-P

-Dina

dinahornreich AT earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~dinahornreich