typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] gang of four/pipettes

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Shirley Braha <littleshirleybeans AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TypicalGirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] gang of four/pipettes
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:19:41 -0800 (PST)

since we speak of gang of four & the pipettes, you should know about the
pipettes song i just received on a cd-r in the mail, "i like a boy in uniform"

helen love + dolly mixture + i cant believe this is so gay= "i like a boy in
uniform"

lyrical excerpts:

i like a boy in uniform, school uniform...
my girlfriends said they saw him looking at the boys...
he likes a boy in uniform, school uniform...
im so sad cause i loved him so, but i think its better that we go with the
flow, and now i find my outlook is so narrow, in lessons i am dreaming about
the girls that i know...
i like a girl in uniform, school uniform...
but now i know that all it is is plenty more that i can kiss, and when i think
about the bliss of looking at the girl...
i like a girl in uniform, school uniform
i like a boy in uniform, school uniform
cause not everything is uniform, school uniform
i wanna kiss everyone in uniform

--- WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net> wrote:

> apparently so, for five dates in the uk in Jan
>
> http://playlouder.com/news/~whatweallwant/?key=2248d2-207161

=====
Shirley Braha
2028 East 8 St, Brooklyn NY 11223
Shirley AT ShirleyBeans.com
http://www.ShirleyBeans.com
AIM: ShirleyBeans

Watch NYC TV's *NEW YORK NOISE* for indie music videos, available in 10
million homes in the tri-state area.
WNYE/NYC TV Channel 25: Thursdays & Saturdays 10pm
NYC TV Channel 74: Saturdays 11pm, Sundays 10pm
http://www.nyc.gov/tv/noise