typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Blunt Stitches

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Larry-bob Roberts <larrybob AT io.com>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Blunt Stitches
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:47:04 -0700

Anyone know anything about the Blunt Stitches from Columbus, Ohio, circa
1981? Apparently their only released recordings are on a compilation called
"Nowhere 81." I'm in the process of finding out more information. Most of
the info on the web is about the overdose of their singer Arlus Stitch. I
have some old issues of Offense fanzine which include a live review and a
review of the tape. Anyone have the Feb 1982 issue of New York Rocker?
There's supposed to be a review of the tape in there. See also this:

http://www.collectorscum.com/volume3/ohio/art.html
Blunt Stitches Columbus
- Hips / Eat My Wad 7" New Age NA1005, 1982 NR
There definitely was a Blunt Stitches from Columbus. Long ago
I asked Mike Rep if this 45 existed and he said no. He could
be wrong, but I've never seen it.[BD] I have a recording by them on an
extremely hard-to-find cassette only comp (listed in Volume) called
Nowhere '81: Live in Columbus. This tape is also notable for having a
Screaming Urge song or two. I haven't listened to the thing in a while so
I couldn't comment right now on how any of the tracks sound. I agree
that the 7" doesn't exist.[JF]