typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] rock goddess/jeri rossi

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Michael Howes <mhowes AT baptismofsolitude.org>
  • To: Tobi Vail <tobi AT killrockstars.com>, typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] rock goddess/jeri rossi
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:41:52 -0700

also, it's been awhile since I asked about Jeri Rossi...does anyone know anything about her? maybe there are new list members that can help me find out who she is. I have a couple songs on a tape someone made me in the 80's and have wondered about her ever since.

 ah...learned about her thanks to Hyped2Death

 a short snipped from hyped2death.com

JERI ROSSI -I Left My Heart But I Don't Know Where 3:21 (Local Anesthetic) Denver '83: Jeri Rossi brought her prodigiously nihilistic worldview from Denver back to Boston in 1984 or so, where her best work with Black Cat Bone unfortunately never made it to vinyl... She started off in a death-chick combo called Your Funeral, then did this solo 45. Both appeared on the noteworthy Local Anesthetic label [Frantics, Bum Kon, White Trash/Fluid]. She went on to a career as a film-maker and author, as Jeri Cain Rossi: she's now based in New Orleans. Here's her website.

 Homework #9 is great. but my favorite is still Messthetics #1 UK '78-81 "D.I.Y."-punk R-to-Si

 mike