typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] TWISTED ROOTS/Metal Boys/catholic discipline

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Tobi Vail <tobi AT killrockstars.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] TWISTED ROOTS/Metal Boys/catholic discipline
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:28:12 -0700

hey Typical Girls,

it just occurred to me that you might wanna check out some recent Typical Girls related distro items available from our mailorder store, Twisted Roots and Metal Boys:

Bacchus Archives Twisted Roots CD--old school weirdo punk with female vocals--band members included pat smear (germs), kira roessler (black flag) and paul roessler (screamers/nina hagen)...it's pretty out there considering the era-so cal hardcore gone strange! :

http://www.buyolympia.com/killrockstars/sid=757767137/Item=BA1194

and

Acute Records Metal Boys CD experimental post punk synth pop made by members of Metal Urbain...spaced out female vocals...sexy outerspace druggy disco music for punk rockers and wavos a like:

http://www.buyolympia.com/killrockstars/sid=757767137/Item=ACT004

please email me with Typical Girls suggestions for our store, if possible include the distributor/label contact info and let me know a week or two before it gets released...

if people buy the reissues/retrospectives from us i will be able to carry more, so give us your support!

thanks!

PS i'll put the catholic discipline CD up this week so look for that..
--
Tobi Vail
Mail Order

  • [TypicalGirls] TWISTED ROOTS/Metal Boys/catholic discipline, Tobi Vail, 07/29/2004