typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] The Nightingales

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: John Caples <jcaples AT gmail.com>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] The Nightingales
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:03:33 -0400

I know this is slightly tangental, but I haven't seen anything
recently, and since they undoubtedly appeal to people here...

The Nightingales have reformed and are putting out 4 singles this
year, leading up to Acute Records' Prefects retrospective due to come
out in November (I'm sure Dan from Acute will post a reminder here as
the date nears).

There is a "singles club", open to 50 people, which includes getting
copies of the last three singles.

There's also talk of the band possibly playing NYC in December and
possibly other US locations.

All of this and more can be found at:
http://home.clara.net/kidd/nightingales.html

So send the legendary Robert Lloyd your beer money, and no questions
about We've Got a Fuzzbox and We're Gonna Use It; it's a sore spot
(I'm totally kidding!).

  • [TypicalGirls] The Nightingales, John Caples, 07/12/2004