typicalgirls - RE: [TypicalGirls] ESG live again -> TONIGHT. SUNDAY. MAY 30th @ 11PM, NYC

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Aileen Brophy" <poptones13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [TypicalGirls] ESG live again -> TONIGHT. SUNDAY. MAY 30th @ 11PM, NYC
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 03:13:24 -0400

ESG:

They were great, as expected. Some folks in the crowd kept yelling for
"Erase You" which they didn't play despite the persistent requesting.
Come on people, bands usually make up their minds what they're going to
play ahead of time.and if they don't respond to the shouted request at
first, just drop it! At least no one was yelling for "Freebird" (though
I would be curious to hear that song given the ESG treatment.)

I couldn't find anyone from the list, though. It was so crowded that I
was there for about an hour before I found the friend I was there to
meet.and then I found him only because he was flashing his genitals on
stage for a prize!

--Aileen (Rezillos pin)