typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] for discussion -- torchbearers?

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Dina Hornreich <dinahornreich AT earthlink.net>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] for discussion -- torchbearers?
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 07:58:36 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

We can discuss these "torchbearers" (and the other link categories below)
and/or make suggestions, if you are feeling into it... FYI: You have to go to
actual webpage to see the links/sites.

Just to update everyone. Thanks for all your suggestions!

===================
The "Typical" Girls:

The Women of 1970s Punk (Rockin' Rina's Site)
Women in Punk 1975-80 (Sharon's On-going List)
Altered Images (Clare Grogan)
Animals and Men (Susan Wells)
Ari Up
Dolly Mixture
Essential Logic
Family Fodder (Dominique Levillain)
Girls at Our Best!
Barbara Gogan
The Gymslips
Penelope Houston
Ikue Mori
Dagmar Krause
Lydia Lunch
Kirsty Maccoll
Malaria!
Nico
Paloma
Phranc
Poison Girls
Prag Vec
The Revillos
Salem 66
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Shop Assistants
The Slits (Animal Space Site)
The Slits (Typical Girls Online Site)
X-Ray Spex
Y Pants
Young Marble Giants (Alison Statton)
Thalia Zedek

==============================
Reissues, Retrospectives, or Previously Unavailable:

Au Pairs
Avengers
Bush Tetras
DNA
Dolly Mixture
ESG
Essential Logic
Family Fodder
Girls at our Best!
LiliPUT/Kleenex
Marine Girls
Oh OK
Pandoras
Poison Girls
Raincoats
Teenage Jesus and the Jerks
Theoretical Girls
Y Pants
Young Marble Giants
V/A: Hyped to Death Compilations
V/A: Rough Trade Shops Compilations

======================
Member-Related:

Abyss Records
Acute Records
Animals and Men
Mike Appelstein
Black President
Blondie Book
Bumpidee
Steve Burt
Robin Crutchfield
Dark Beloved Cloud
Decomposition
Erase Errata
Feisty Radio
Fur Cups for Teeth
Grand Theft Audio Records
Hyped 2 Death
Kill Rock Stars
Kill Yr TV
Lacunae
Linus
Lulu Music
Mark Matienzo
J Neo Marvin
Maura
Nonstop Pop
Painted Ladies
Palmolive 70
Perfect Sound Forever
Plain Parade Booking
Preference Recordings (Linda Smith)
Punkcast
riffRAG
Volt!
Weasel Walter
Jenny Woolworth
Youth Tape Club

===================
Torchbearers: (note: some aren't linked b/c I couldn't find a decent site)

AC Temple
Bis
Brassy
Chicks on Speed
Coping Saw
Electrelane
Erase Errata
Fifth Column
God is My Co-Pilot
Huggy Bear
Le Tigre
Lois
Barbara Manning
The Muffs
The Receptionists
Riot Grrl
Rogers Sisters
She Mob
Sister George
Sleater Kinney
Tracy and the Plastics

=============
Other Useful Resources:

BBC - 6 Music Documentary - Punky Reggae Party
The Mod Pop Punk Archives
Punknet 77
Tigersushi
Trouser Press Record Guide

-Dina

dinahornreich AT earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~dinahornreich/

Moderator, Typical Girls List
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=17851

Ockhams Razor: Basic Scientific Principal
"All things being equal the simplest explanation
and the simplest answer is probably the right one."