typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] update on the links

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Dina Hornreich <dinahornreich AT earthlink.net>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] update on the links
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 12:05:03 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

This email is just to thank everyone for making suggestions and to give you
the updated list of links on the page. This is just a list (and I haven't
included "torchbearers" or "books" because I feel I need your help on that --
PLEASE):

The "Typical" Girls

The Women of 1970s Punk (Rockin' Rina's Site)
Women in Punk 1975-80 (Sharon's On-going List)
Altered Images (Clare Grogan)
Ari Up
Dolly Mixture
Essential Logic
Family Fodder (Dominique Levillain)
Girls at Our Best!
Barbara Gogan
The Gymslips
Penelope Houston
Ikue Mori
Dagmar Krause
Lydia Lunch
Kirsty Maccoll
Malaria!
Nico
Phranc
Poison Girls
Prag Vec
The Revillos
Salem 66
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Shop Assistants
The Slits (Animal Space Site)
The Slits (Typical Girls Online Site)
X-Ray Spex
Y Pants
Young Marble Giants (Alison Statton)
Thalia Zedek

Reissues, Retrospectives, or Previously Unavailable

Au Pairs
Avengers
DNA
Dolly Mixture
ESG
Essential Logic
Family Fodder
Girls at our Best!
LiliPUT/Kleenex
Marine Girls
Oh OK
Poison Girls
Raincoats
Teenage Jesus and the Jerks
Theoretical Girls
Y Pants
Young Marble Giants
V/A: Hyped to Death Compilations
V/A: Rough Trade Shops Compilations

Member-Related

Abyss Records
Acute Records
Appelstein
Blondie Book
Bumpidee
Decomposition
Erase Errata
Feisty Radio
Fur Cups for Teeth
Grand Theft Audio Records
Hyped 2 Death
Kill Rock Stars
Lacunae
Linus
Lulu Music
Mark
J Neo Marvin
Nonstop Pop
Perfect Sound Forever
Plain Parade Booking
Preference Recordings
Punkcast
riffRAG
Weasel Walter
Jenny Woolworth

Other Useful Resources

BBC - 6 Music Documentary - Punky Reggae Party
The Mod Pop Punk Archives
Punknet 77
Tigersushi
Trouser Press Record Guide

Thanks for putting up with my barrage of posting today (I'm doing other
simulatenously!!!!)

-Dina

dinahornreich AT earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~dinahornreich/

Moderator, Typical Girls List
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=17851

Ockhams Razor: Basic Scientific Principal
"All things being equal the simplest explanation
and the simplest answer is probably the right one."

  • [TypicalGirls] update on the links, Dina Hornreich, 05/07/2004