triangle-free-yoga - [triangle-free-yoga] (free to limited group only) 12n M 6 Jul @ Ackland: Yoga in the Galleries

triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: about free yoga events in the Research Triangle (NC) area

  • From: Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>
  • To: triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [triangle-free-yoga] (free to limited group only) 12n M 6 Jul @ Ackland: Yoga in the Galleries
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:44:45 -0400 (EDT)

Note this is free only to Ackland members, but, if you're a UNC
student, you can get free membership via

http://www.ackland.org/join/membership/membership.pdf

http://www.ackland.org/programs/yoga/
> Namaste! Take a break from your day and explore the world of yoga in
> the beautiful setting of the Ackland! Yoga has many benefits from
> calming and focusing the mind to increasing strength and
> flexibility. The session will provide an opportunity to practice a
> series of gentle yoga poses inspired by the art in the gallery. In
> yoga, our connections with the earth and the breath are used to link
> the body, mind and spirit. We will integrate simple breathing
> techniques into the session and end with a final resting pose and
> meditation. The 50-minute session is usually held in the Asian art
> gallery of the Museum.

The Ackland is just southeast of Franklin and Columbia in downtown
Chapel Hill: see

http://www.ackland.org/visit/hours.php

for directions (nevermind the URI :-) The Asian gallery is straight
ahead from the main entrance (off Columbia St).

> Beginners are welcome.

> Registration is limited so only those who reserve in advance are
> guaranteed a place.

see link below

> Yoga mats and museum cushions are provided. Please wear comfortable
> clothing that will allow you to stretch. Since the Galleries can be
> cool, long sleeves are recommended.

> Yoga mats are available at the gallery.
> INSTRUCTOR Joanne Gard Marshall
> FEES Free to members/$5 non-members
> TIME 12:00 PM to 1 PM

> Signing up is easy. Just select the date you want to attend below:

The link for "Mon, July 6" is

http://www.ackland.org/programs/yoga/rsvp/?date=20090706

HTH, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>

  • [triangle-free-yoga] (free to limited group only) 12n M 6 Jul @ Ackland: Yoga in the Galleries, Tom Roche, 06/29/2009