triangle-free-yoga - [triangle-free-yoga] Yoga researcher/lover looking for a home

triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: about free yoga events in the Research Triangle (NC) area

  • From: Shannon Wong <shannonwong31 AT gmail.com>
  • To: triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [triangle-free-yoga] Yoga researcher/lover looking for a home
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:04:20 -0400

Hello, Triangle Yoga group,

My name is Shannon, and I am looking for a shared housing situation. Please see my ad below. I am new to the community, and so I would like to reach out to see if any housing opportunities might exist within the yoga community.

Thank you, and namaste,

Shannon

$400 Quiet Grad St Seeks One Bdrm Apt +1/2 Grad Sts for a House Summer/July (Carrboro/Chapel Hill)

Reply to: hous-2fpbg-1169886425 AT craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hi, my name is Shannon and I'm pursuing my Ph.D. here at UNC-CH in interdisciplinary studies. My work focuses on embodied practices such as yoga and breath work for trauma survivors. I'd like to live with other grad students/professionals/artist-types (people who are involved in projects) in a quiet (preferably around nature) environment where there is room to work other than just my room. I just came from a very remote area (The Upper Peninsula of Michigan) and miss the quiet of being in the woods/around nature/hiking trails, etc.

**I would like a place where I can stay at least for 12 months if not more** I'm really looking for a place I can call home.

Stuff about me (not organized in any particular order): I have mostly worked for non-profits in jobs usually related either to ESL, women's centers, yoga, and teaching; I am a singer (I sang in jazz combos/big band at my last university), a lover of old music/film (was a DJ). I've worked and lived in Asia as a yoga/music/dance teacher. I also have taught yoga, and still try to engage in regular practice. Yoga is a big part of my life (both personal and academic). I eat meat (sorry vegetarians! some of my closest friends are...). I don't drink/smoke pot (and I think it would be difficult to live with people who consider themselves heavy partyers). Also, I do want a relatively quiet household, but I am not a reserved person. I'm in no way a purist in terms of lifestyle or ideology.

I'm happy to hang out occasionally and share a meal, but then also content on my own. I'd like to live with people because I find I work better with the presence of others in a living space. I am very aware of other people, and I am happy to discuss roommate practicalities such as chores/people's quirks/respecting others' space, etc. I think living with more than one person might be a better match than just one other person. Also, I'd prefer a house as opposed to an apartment. A garden would be ideal.

Looking for roommates who might resonate with my above description.
If interested please email me. I prefer to live close to Carrboro/CH, but in a special situation I might consider living a ways out. And rent amount listed is also negotiable.

Please email me with a detailed description of your place, and your ideal situation/roommate dynamic. I don't need a pristine place, but I would like it to be at the least functional and somewhat maintained. Thank you for your interest, Shannon Wong L.

******Also, I've had several emails from spammers. Kindly address your email to Shannon Wong L. and say a little about your place/situation so I know you are a real person. Thanks! Shannon*****

--
"We are all in a position of ravishment--call it lack, if you must; our only hope for survival--call it love--being, against all odds and through all our divisions, to keep on writing." Susan Suleiman

  • [triangle-free-yoga] Yoga researcher/lover looking for a home, Shannon Wong, 05/15/2009