tcrp-news - [tcrp-news] Latest TCLocal article: Benefits of a Lower Energy Civilization

tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Tompkins County Relocalization Project

  • From: Tompkins County Relocalization Project <tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [tcrp-news] Latest TCLocal article: Benefits of a Lower Energy Civilization
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 11:47:17 -0400

As regular readers of TCLocal.org know, our focus is on meeting the
challenges we face in a future of less available energy and the end of
growth. But those challenges have their bright side, and this month
TCLocal contributors Karl North and Bethany Schroeder take time out from
our usual disaster planning to reflect on the material and social
benefits of energy descent and a less complex way of life. You can find
their analysis at

http://tclocal.org/2012/04/benefits_lower_energy_civ.html

SPECIAL REMINDER: TCRP-NEWS LIST

We may not have mentioned this recently, so allow us to remind everyone
that there is a publicly subscribable read-only news list for TCLocal
that you can join at

This is where we post our announcements, monthly meeting minutes, and
occasional pointers to articles published elsewhere that are of special
relevance to energy descent and relocalization. "Read-only" means that
there are never discussions on this list, just notices, and consequently
very little traffic. It has over a hundred subscribers, and they hardly
ever leave, so there are people who find it useful; perhaps you would be
one of them.

ABOUT TCLOCAL

Every month or two, TCLocal brings you another in our series of articles
addressing various aspects of relocalization in Tompkins County.
Contributors to TCLocal are members of the community committed to
helping prepare for a more local and self-reliant future. Articles that
have been published so far at tclocal.org can be found in the TCLocal
archives at

http://tclocal.org/archives.html

Articles appearing at tclocal.org are published under the Creative
Commons license and are owned and managed by the contributors as a
group. People interested in becoming TCLocal contributors should
first read "How to Contribute" at

http://www.ibiblio.org/tcrp/about.htm#how

and then contact the TCLocal editor at the address below to sign up.

Jon Bosak
Editor, TCLocal
bosak AT pinax.com

  • [tcrp-news] Latest TCLocal article: Benefits of a Lower Energy Civilization, Tompkins County Relocalization Project, 04/06/2012