tcrp-news - [tcrp-news] Now available: Thinking Local in Tompkins County, Volume 2

tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Tompkins County Relocalization Project

  • From: Tompkins County Relocalization Project <tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [tcrp-news] Now available: Thinking Local in Tompkins County, Volume 2
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:47:31 -0500

TCLocal is pleased to announce the publication of "Thinking Local in
Tompkins County, Volume 2," our second collection of articles from the
tclocal.org web site. Contents of Volume 2 include:

Outlook for Liquid Fuels, 2010-2020
Can New York State Feed Itself?
Envisioning Tompkins County Food Production (originally a six-part series)
Chickens in the Energy Descent
Health Care in an Energy-Constrained Environment, Part Two
Health and Food Security
Burning Transitions
Heating with Biomass in Tompkins County
Funding and Finagling the Transition to Biomass Heat and Power
Relocalizing Investment in Our Local Food System

Dedicated to a focus on relocalization and self-reliance in Tompkins
County, the collection is, of course, available locally; copies may be
purchased for $7 each at Buffalo Street Books in Ithaca. A limited
number of copies of Volume 1, originally released in 2009, are also
available there (and nowhere else) for $3.

If you don't get into Ithaca often, Volume 2 can be ordered from your
local bookseller or any of the usual online sources, for example:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/thinking-local-in-tompkins-county-tclocal/1107995679
http://www.amazon.com/Thinking-Local-Tompkins-County-TCLocal-org/dp/0615579256/

SPECIAL NOTE FOR OFFICIALS AND STAFF OF TOMPKINS COUNTY MUNICIPALITIES:

If you are an appointed or elected municipal official, a member of a
municipal planning staff, or a municipal department head at any level of
government in Tompkins County (city, town, or village), you will be
receiving a copy of Volume 2 from a distribution we will be carrying out
over the next couple of months as our form of public input. So you
don't need to buy one (though they do make excellent gifts...).

Jon Bosak
Editor, TCLocal

  • [tcrp-news] Now available: Thinking Local in Tompkins County, Volume 2, Tompkins County Relocalization Project, 01/18/2012