tcrp-news - [tcrp-news] Latest TCLocal article: Producing Sweeteners Locally

tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Tompkins County Relocalization Project

  • From: Tompkins County Relocalization Project <tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [tcrp-news] Latest TCLocal article: Producing Sweeteners Locally
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:12:26 -0400

What do we put in our tea and make our desserts with when it costs too
much to import refined sugar -- or will it cost too much after all?
TCLocal contributor Simon St.Laurent looks into the question in this
month's tclocal.org offering, "Producing Sweeteners Locally." You can
find it at

http://tclocal.org/2011/09/producing_sweeteners_locally.html

People who wish to comment on TCLocal articles or engage their authors
in discussion should note that the TCLocal web site is specifically
designed to get feedback on these ideas as they are developed. Please
use the comment form at the bottom of each article so that we can keep
all the input in one place.

ABOUT TCLOCAL

Every month or two TCLocal brings you another in our series of articles
addressing various aspects of energy descent in Tompkins County.
Contributors to TCLocal are members of the community committed to
helping prepare for a future with less available energy. Articles that
have appeared so far at tclocal.org can be found in the TCLocal archives:

http://tclocal.org/archives.html

Articles appearing at tclocal.org are published under the Creative
Commons license and are owned and managed by the contributors as a
group. People interested in becoming TCLocal contributors should first
read "How to Contribute" at

http://www.ibiblio.org/tcrp/about.htm#how

and then contact the TCLocal editor at the address below to sign up.

Jon Bosak
Editor, TCLocal
bosak AT pinax.com

  • [tcrp-news] Latest TCLocal article: Producing Sweeteners Locally, Tompkins County Relocalization Project, 09/13/2011