tcrp-news - [tcrp-news] More about dairy farmers

tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Tompkins County Relocalization Project

  • From: Tompkins County Relocalization Project <tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [tcrp-news] More about dairy farmers
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 23:04:51 -0400

Dear Friends--For those that were at the last TCLocal meeting you may remember that I presented a dire review of the local dairy industry based on a meeting at CCE.  The Ithaca Journal has two articles in today's "paper" (see below) that add collaborating data to that of my report.  Upstate dairy farmers are in deep trouble.  A sad situation, indeed.   Tom

http://www.theithacajournal.com/article/20090721/NEWS01/907210317/Local-dairy-farmers-sinking-in-debt&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL?GID=F9QQOIFJhPOdGofXETkHLVHdOOPCb/8k+C12wFCIuUc%3D
http://www.theithacajournal.com/article/20090721/NEWS01/907210321

Tom Shelley
118 E. Court St.
Ithaca, NY 14850
607 342-0864
tjs1 AT cornell.edu
http://www.myspace.com/99319958 (Last updated 6/13/09.)
http://www.facebook.com/129295929#/home.php (Last updated 6/13/09.)

Compost Educator and Sustainability Scion*

What Does Zero Waste Mean?
"If it can't be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished, refinished, resold, recycled, or composted, then it should be restricted, redesigned, or removed from production."
Berkeley Zero Waste Resolution
See  http://www.cityofberkeley.info/council8/newsletter.pdf

*noun:  a shoot or bud of a plant, esp. one for planting or grafting

  • [tcrp-news] More about dairy farmers, Tompkins County Relocalization Project, 07/21/2009