stayfreemagazine - Experian's "True Hipster" database

stayfreemagazine AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Subscribers to Stay Free! magazine

  • From: Carrie McLaren <carrie AT stayfreemagazine.org>
  • To: stayfreemagazine AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Experian's "True Hipster" database
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:38:03 -0500

After I sent out that email, Experian took down its fall catalog (man, that was quick!) but fear not, you can check it out here:
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/public/Fall03Catalog.pdf

The Experian corporation claims to "hold more demographic and credit information on individuals and businesses than any other company in the world," and that very well may be. But what caught my eye was a new item in the company's fall catalog. Experian is now offering marketers the chance to use what it calls a "True Hipster" database. The catalog doesn't identify how Experian identified the true hipster, but from the accompanying photograph we know he wears a beige ski-cap and sunglasses.<<<
--
Carrie McLaren
Editor, Stay Free!

  • Experian's "True Hipster" database, Carrie McLaren, 11/18/2003