stayfreemagazine - Stay Free's sad tale of woe

stayfreemagazine AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Subscribers to Stay Free! magazine

  • From: Carrie McLaren <carrie AT stayfreemagazine.org>
  • To: stayfreemagazine AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Stay Free's sad tale of woe
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:41:52 -0500

Title: Stay Free's sad tale of woe
Hello subscribers,

The Stay Free! house laptop died and went to laptop heaven last week, taking with it most of my software and all my files for the new issue. I'm piecing things back together, but just want to warn you all that the new issue will be delayed.

In the mean time, I've been updating the website with articles from back issues that I never got around to adding before. So maybe this can tide you over:

#18 - HISTORY ISSUE

"When Law Goes Pop: The Vanishing Line Between Law and Popular Culture"
Julie Scelfo interviews author Richard Sherwin
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/18/sherwin.html

#19 - CONSPIRACY ISSUE

Introduction to conspiracy issue:
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/19/intro.html

"World View"
Marketing News of the Weird
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/19/worldview.html

"Undercover Selling: 1930s whispering campaigns"
Long before viral marketing, corporations promoted their products through the calculated use of rumor
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/19/whispering.html

"General Motors's secret fight against the public trollies"
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/19/generalmotors.html

"Buy American: an interview with Dana Frank"
David Glenn talks to Dana Frank about the narrow-nationalist strategies designed to protect U.S. jobs
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/19/danafrank.html

"Corporate Myths"
Ever notice how many urban legends concern corporations and brand name products? In a series of articles, Brian Boling explores what it all means...
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/19/myths.html

"Is that a rodent in your beer?"
Brian Boling reviews contamination rumors
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/19/contamination.html

"Manufacturing Tales: A conversation with Gary Alan Fine"
Have you heard the one about eczema at McDonald's? Read on!
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/19/fine_interview.html

Fast Food Hell
In winter 2001, Stay Free! asked readers to tell us about any interesting or disturbing fast food experiences they've had. Don't read this on a full stomach...
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/19/fastfood.html

  • Stay Free's sad tale of woe, Carrie McLaren, 08/27/2003