stayfree - Stay Free! | new "copyright" issue out now!

stayfree AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Free, promotional email list for Stay Free! print magazine

  • From: Carrie McLaren <carrie AT stayfreemagazine.org>
  • To: stayfree AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Stay Free! | new "copyright" issue out now!
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 21:10:06 -0500

Title: Stay Free! | new "copyright" issue out now!
Hello,

Pardon my tardiness in getting word out, but the new copyright issue of Stay Free! is now available for purchase. You can pick it up at finer independent book/record stores (plus Barnes & Noble and Tower) or online straight from the source:
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/order

People who order from our website (subscriptions are $10 for 3 issues) will also get our fabulous Illegal Art CD compilation, a "greatest hits" of songs that have been sued (or could be sued) for copyright infringement: Public Enemy, Negativland, John Oswald,  the Verve, Beastie Boys, etc.

The CD is free, however, even if you don't subscribe. Just send a self-addressed padded envelope with $1 or so in stamps to Stay Free! 390 Butler Street Brooklyn NY 11217 and we'll send one out.

thanks and happy transit strike,
carrie

- - - - -

STAY FREE! ISSUE 20 HIGHLIGHTS

World View: Anecdotes from the marketplace and other sick stuff

Copyrights and Copywrongs: Interview with NYU Historian Siva Vaidhyanathan
Copyrights and Hip-Hop: Interview with Public Enemy's Chuck D and Hank Shocklee

The Media Made Them Do it. An historical look at the murders, suicides, household accidents, and just plain stupid acts that have been inspired by tv shows and movies

The Media Made ME Do it:
Stay Free! asked readers: have you ever imitated something you've seen on TV or in the movies?

Rebel Archivist: Interview with "ephemeral" film historian Rick Prelinger

Shopping with Ted: The serial killer is our best customer
by Josh Tyree

and more!

Subscribe now:
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/order
from $10 for 3 issues

  • Stay Free! | new "copyright" issue out now!, Carrie McLaren, 12/15/2002