stayfree - Stay Free! | 3 April 20002

stayfree AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Free, promotional email list for Stay Free! print magazine

  • From: Carrie McLaren <carrie AT stayfreemagazine.org>
  • To: stayfree AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Stay Free! | 3 April 20002
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:40:21 -0500

Hello,

A few more remaining items from the "history" issue are now on the website:

TOP TEN MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENTS IN THE HISTORY OF THE AMERICAN TEXTBOOK

From Daughters of the American Revolution propaganda to utility company PR, Stay Free! looks at the pressures on U.S. textbook publishers, historically:
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/18/topten.html

THE ASPIRATIONAL PURCHASE

Ever bought something hoping it would make you a better human being? Here's what a few Stay Free! readers had to say....
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/18/aspirational.html

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

A short list of sources related to issue #18, for further reading:
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/18/sources.html

A new issue of Stay Free! (#19) has just been shipped to stores, btw. I'll try to post the rest of the old issue soon so I can work on getting the new stuff online...

yrs,
carrie

  • Stay Free! | 3 April 20002, Carrie McLaren, 04/02/2002