stayfree - Stay Free! | The Bush Dyslexicon

stayfree AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Free, promotional email list for Stay Free! print magazine

  • From: Carrie McLaren <carrie AT stayfreemagazine.org>
  • To: stayfree AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Stay Free! | The Bush Dyslexicon
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:17:08 -0400

Hello,

Just want to briefly plug a new book I was fortunate
enough to work on this past winter: The Bush Dyslexicon,
by Mark Crispin Miller.

Although the thought of reading a book about George W. Bush
is about as appealing as eating chalk, you should make an
exception for this.

Reading Mark Miller is always a humbling experience...he can
tease out meaning from the most unlikely of sources--in this
case, the stump speeches, interviews, and offhand comments
of George W. Bush--and allow you to seen them in a whole
new light. If you have read _Boxed In_ or the essay
Miller contributed to _Watching Television_, "Deride and Conquer"
(Todd Gitlin, ed.), then you know what I'm talking about..

...and if not, you can read this excerpt:
http://metalab.unc.edu/stayfree/BushDysl.doc
It's a fairly representative sample, consisting of Bush's own words,
punctuated by Miller's commentary.

carrie

- - - - - -

MARK CRISPIN MILLER
"The Bush Dyslexicon" book tour

Tues. June 12: 7:30 pm, Barnes & Noble (Astor Place) - New York
June 23: LA, location TBA
June 26: City Lights, SF
July 19: Seminary Co-op, Chicago

P.S. -- if you have problems with the MS Word file, email me:
carrie AT stayfreemagazine.org (but not thursday evening -- my email will be
down)

  • Stay Free! | The Bush Dyslexicon, Carrie McLaren, 06/11/2001