spinix-users - Re: ifconfig eth0 fails

spinix-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Spinix Users List

  • From: Joseph Spainhour <spainhou AT coastalnet.com>
  • To: Clyde Meli <cmeli AT cis.um.edu.mt>
  • Cc: Spinix Users List <spinix-users AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ifconfig eth0 fails
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:54:46 -0500 (EST)

Clyde,

You should recompile the kernel and add ne2000 ether support. I do
not think that I have it built in. You can find the kernel source on
the cdrom. Let me know if you have problems.
One of my next tasks is to build module support into the installer.
This would fix the problem you are having. I just have not had time to
put it all together.
Other than the ethernet problem, how did the install go?

Joseph