sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Source Mage Server Fundable: 1 Week Gone!

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>, sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Source Mage Server Fundable: 1 Week Gone!
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:33:55 -0500

On Oct 09, David Kowis [dkowis AT shlrm.org] wrote:
> https://www.fundable.com/groupactions/groupaction.2007-10-01.8664043943
>
> Now more than ever it's critical that we donate to this cause. There are
> potential consequences if the server doesn't get paid for. We'd lose our
> Git repository, first and foremost. It's hosted on the very server we're
> raising money for. Also our website and all our mail aliases (although
> we mostly get spam anyway ;) ) are hosted there. We've got a lot riding
> on the line, please give up a few cheeseburgers (like 4) and donate ;)

People are asking about the timing... the bill is due October 31 each year.
Last year the fundable ran several months after that because I just paid
for it with a couple people helping a bit and no one thought to do anything
else til then.

This year I'm switching jobs this month which I don't expect to strap me or
anything but you never know with these things, so I'm mentioning it ahead
of the deadline and hoping for a bit more help than usual. The server
isn't going to go away, regardless.