sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] menuconfig for casts

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] menuconfig for casts
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:31:30 +0200

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 23:30, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
<lotsa snipping>
> > Please frame this discussion within the context that PREPARE,
> > CONFIGURE and DEPENDS may only be executed *once*, and may not be
> > parsed. You absolutely can not run them more than once, you can not
> > make any assumptions about what they do, what the code looks like,
> > none of that. You may only assume that when the files want to ask
> > the user a question, control eventually ends up in a grimoire/sorcery
> > function. Within that function you do not and can not know the answers
> > to subsequent unasked/unanswered questions.
>
> But you can know the answer to previously answered questions for the same
> spell, correct? Is there a particular reason we have the 'continue to use
> <provider x>' question when -r wasn't used? As noted init.d is the other
> place that happens but that's the grimoire's problem now.

It's not the grimoires' problem just yet, is it? I've understood that moving
init.d stuff into grimoires is still pending. I'll be among the first to make
sure init.d queries aren't repeated like they are now when the change
happens. :)

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]