sm-users - [SM-Users] Clustering . . .

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] Clustering . . .
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:40:26 -0800

I'm setting my sights on setting up a highly-available cluster using Source
Mage. Has anyone done anything similar to this and what programs and/or
methods did you use? Is there anything Source Mage specific that would need
modification?

Just for clarification, I am not setting up a Beowulf type cluster, which has
multiple CPUs, RAM, etc. crunching numbers and running complex computations,
but a cluster which has data spread among two or more machines so that if one
goes down, data is still accessible.

My eventual goal is to have two servers, each on a separate Internet
connection, acting as routers and DNS servers with round-robin style DNS
between them, linked to a 3 or 4 node cluster for remote data access.

--
Jason Flatt
jflatt AT sourcemage.org