sm-users - [SM-Users] Sorcery Team: request for volunteers

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] Sorcery Team: request for volunteers
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:22:00 -0700

Hi, I'm looking for someone to help with a documentation effort. With new
website up and running, and the migration of data from the old wiki, this
is a good opportunity to revamp the current sorcery docs. Specifically,
theres a gap around documentation on how sorcery features are used,
either by a spell (and spell writer) or the end user.

There are docs written on many existing features, however they're
written from the point of view of the implementor, and thus focus on
implementation details, assume a certain level of understanding and
don't focus on usage cases. We also have man pages, however those are
not often good substitutes for actual "guides" or faq's on features.

I'm looking for people who are interested in getting more involved with
SMGL and learning about how things work. You don't have to be
proficient in bash or programming in general, just able to learn how
something technical works and articulate that in the form of a doc,
and as time goes on, keep those documents up to date and informative.

Please email me if interested. Thanks.

-Andrew

  • [SM-Users] Sorcery Team: request for volunteers, Andrew, 07/20/2005