sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] password problems

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Kevin Augenstein <kevin.augenstein AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] password problems
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 16:17:39 -0400

I believe we have a bug with older linux-pam where /etc/securetty doesn't have correct entries. In addition to what Eric suggested, check that this file has "/dev/tty1" on a separate line.

Kevin Augenstein wrote:

I have a question it might be just general Linux and not sourcemage
specific. Anyway, recently I installed source mage from an iso
(approximately a week ago). Yesterday I was using sorcery to get some
new pages when my power was cut off, now I can't log back on as root
(the only account available at the moment as I'm still setting up the
machine), it just gives password denied or the usual error message. I
was pretty sure I hadn't forgotten the password as it's the same one
I've used daily for numerous years and had logged in many times to
this machine using it. But anyway I booted on a rescue cd then did the
following to try and change my password