sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] newly installed daemons don't start

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Pierre Abbat <phma AT phma.hn.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] newly installed daemons don't start
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:14:56 -0400

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 18:02, Andrew wrote:
> What output did you get? Have you checked the logs? Maybe theres a
> configuration issue and it doesnt work out of the box.
>
> You shouldn't need to add it to facilities. Just make sure the init
> script is executable (if you want it to start on bootup).

I get no output whatsoever. Here's a session:

root@blackcat:/etc/init.d# telinit run proftpd status
proftpd: /usr/sbin/proftpd is not running
root@blackcat:/etc/init.d# telinit run proftpd start
root@blackcat:/etc/init.d# telinit run proftpd status
proftpd: /usr/sbin/proftpd is not running
root@blackcat:/etc/init.d# telinit run proftpd stop
proftpd: Stopping proftpd...
proftpd: success
root@blackcat:/etc/init.d# proftpd
root@blackcat:/etc/init.d# telinit run proftpd status
proftpd: is running with Process ID(s) 10959
root@blackcat:/etc/init.d# telinit run proftpd start
root@blackcat:/etc/init.d# telinit run proftpd status
proftpd: is running with Process ID(s) 10959
root@blackcat:/etc/init.d# telinit run proftpd stop
proftpd: Stopping proftpd...
proftpd: success
root@blackcat:/etc/init.d# telinit run proftpd status
proftpd: /usr/sbin/proftpd is not running
root@blackcat:/etc/init.d# telinit run proftpd start
root@blackcat:/etc/init.d#

I get the same problem with apache, postfix (which I haven't recast yet), and
sshd. All of these I can start directly or with the old script.

phma
--
li fi'u vu'u fi'u fi'u du li pa