sm-users - [SM-Users] Installation hangs at Partition Checking

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Ronald Kuwawi <ron4ld AT optushome.com.au>
  • To: SourceMage Users <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Users] Installation hangs at Partition Checking
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:21:26 +1100

Hello all,

I'm a newbie in SourceMage, but have installed other distro like
Debian, Slackware, Redhat. Currently I'm trying to install SourceMage
to my Pentium 166, 128 MB laptop, and it always hang at partition
checking:

Partition check:
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0:

It hangs at that message. I waited for about 30 minutes but it still
stuck there. Anyone know what's the function of partition checking, and
why is the installation hangs there?

Thanks :)
Ronald