sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Nice fonts with fontconfig (removing MS fonts)

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: Mads Laursen <dossen+sgl AT daimi.au.dk>
  • Cc: Sourcemage Users List <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Nice fonts with fontconfig (removing MS fonts)
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 23:30:19 -0500

I'm not using the msttf for a long time now because of the similar reasons. Even though they have Cyrillic characters. Good to know...

Mads Laursen wrote:

I just made a small discovery, that I'd like to share with the list (I
know I would have found it useful, before tonight).

For some time I've been bothered by some webpages coming up with lots
of garbage in the text. Quotes and danish special characters where
replaced by other international characters.

Today I desided to find out why that was happening, so I started to
play around with the font settings. After a bit of digging I found
that it was the Arial font from the msttf package that was causing the
problems.