sm-users - [SM-Users] GCC disappeared

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Peter Schneider-Kamp <psk AT informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] GCC disappeared
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:14:33 +0100

Hi!

I've got a problem with my SourceMage installation on my notebook.

When I tried to upgrade from gcc 2.95.3 to 3.3.2 there
was a problem with some header file /usr/include/signal.h

Using gaze from I located this file to be part of glibc.
Having installed glibc 2.2.5 I reckoned an upgrade to
2.3.2 might make the compile of gcc go through.

Unfortunately, it seems that the old gcc has been dispelled.
There is this signal.h error in the compile log, but it
looks like the compile and install went through anyway.

Now, I have g++ in /usr/bin but no gcc. And no
libgcc_s.so ... and so on.

Two questions:

a) Why did the compile go through although there was an error?

and more importantly

b) How can get a working gcc again? Unfortunately, because
hard disk space is rare on this notebook, I do not keep
a cached version in /var/cache/sorcery.

Any help is appreciated,
Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp mailto:psk AT informatik.rwth-aachen.de
LuFG Informatik II http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/~nowonder