sm-users - [SM-Users] aoeuaoeu, but asdfasdf in Xnest

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Pierre Abbat <phma AT webjockey.net>
  • To: <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Users] aoeuaoeu, but asdfasdf in Xnest
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:03:41 -0500

I compiled XFree86 4.2.1 with the Xnest option and tried it out. I pointed
xnest at neofelis and logged on. To my dismay, the keyboard layout in Xnest
was qwerty. I ran the keyboard layout setup and told it to go to Dvorak, and
it made no difference.

Back on neofelis, I logged on in Xnest and hit the keyboard layout thing in
the panel. It stayed in Dvorak. Why?

Also, if I start xnest on blackcat and tell it to query localhost, nothing
comes up. How do I tell kdm to prompt when queried?

phma

  • [SM-Users] aoeuaoeu, but asdfasdf in Xnest, Pierre Abbat, 01/18/2003