sm-spell-submit - [SM-Spell-Submit] ClanLib: New ClanLib Tutorial [freshmeat.net]

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: "freshmeat.net" <noreply AT freshmeat.net>
  • To: sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Spell-Submit] ClanLib: New ClanLib Tutorial [freshmeat.net]
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 14:54:48 +0000

Dear freshmeat.net subscriber,

sphair just posted an announcement for the project ClanLib on freshmeat.net.

NEW CLANLIB TUTORIAL

The first three parts of a brand new ClanLib tutorial is now available at
http://codegrind.net

>From the excerpts:

Welcome to the ClanLib Tutorial series, where the end goal is to build a
persistent multiplayer architecture using C++. The first two parts will be
about
general ClanLib usage, while the later parts are more network, game and
architecture oriented. You will learn a lot about ClanLib in all parts, since
we’ll be using that as our framework throughout. We’ll try to move in small
steps, with a focus on code, not on theory.

Part 1:
In this first part we’ll set up the ClanLib environment, and make sure it
works
with a small example.
http://codegrind.net/2010/09/30/clan...tting-started/

Part 2:
In this part of the ClanLib Tutorial, we will learn about ClanDisplay, and how
it handles visuals. We will cover drawing using primitives, fonts and animated
sprites. The ClanLib resource system will also be covered in some detail.
http://codegrind.net/2010/09/30/clan...art-2-visuals/

Part 3:
In this part of the ClanLib Tutorial, we will learn about ClanNetwork. Some
Internet protocol basics will be covered, but the main focus will be on a
ClanLib API called NetGame, which is an event based networking engine. A
simple
server and client application will be explained, and we’ll go into details on
sending/receiving and dispatching events.
http://codegrind.net/2010/10/05/clan...etwork-basics/

The announcement is available here:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/clanlib/announcements/409-new-clanlib-tutorial

If you want to change your subscription to this project, please log in to: