sm-spell-submit - [SM-Spell-Submit] Updated Terms Of Service, feature removal, and changes to the donation system

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: "SourceForge.net Team" <noreply AT sourceforge.net>
  • To: sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Spell-Submit] Updated Terms Of Service, feature removal, and changes to the donation system
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 04:00:27 +0000

To All SourceForge.net Users:

Topics:

1. Terms of Service changes
2. Feature removal notice: Document Manager and Task Manager
3. Donation service changes

===

1. Terms of Service changes:

In connection with ongoing improvements to SourceForge.net, we are in the
process of updating our terms and conditions of use,
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sitelegal/wiki/Terms%20of%20Use. We
believe that the new terms are better organized and simpler than the
current terms. The new terms will not take effect until October 19, 2009,
so there is ample time to correct errors, and we therefore encourage input
from our users. Send all feedback to sfnet_ops AT corp.sourceforge.com with
"ToS" as the message summary.

2. Feature removal notice: Document Manager and Task Manager:

We are announcing the planned removal of a couple of aging tools we have on
the site, Document Manager (DocMan) and Task Manager. Our Hosted Apps
offerings of Trac, MediaWiki (for documentation), and TaskFreak! (tasks)
replace these nicely. These two facilities will be removed from the site on
October 19.

We will make a dump of your data available at that time as well as offering
a migration process to one of the Hosted Apps
(https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Hosted%20Apps)
facilities (Trac, MediaWiki [for docs], and TaskFreak! [tasks]). This data
will also be portable.

3. Donation service changes:

Finally, SourceForge.net has had a donation system in place so that
projects could accept financial assistance from users who loved what the
software developers did for them. We are stepping out of the middle of the
process on October 12. Up to now, we have taken a small administrative fee
for each donation. The new process will incur fees only from PayPal. This
change in process also will no longer offer the projects and developers the
ability to give a cut of a donation to charitable organizations.

Updates regarding service status and our plans can be seen on our
@sfnet_ops twitter feed or via the Site Status page at:
http://sourceforge.net/sitestatus/

Feedback, questions or concerns may be directed to our support team as
detailed at: http://sourceforge.net/support

Best regards,

Daniel Hinojosa, Sr. Manager Support, SourceForge.net

SourceForge.net has made this mailing to you as a registered user of
the SourceForge.net site to convey important information regarding
your SourceForge.net account or your use of SourceForge.net services.

We make a small number of directed mailings to registered users each
year regarding their account or data, to help preserve the security of
their account or prevent loss of data or service access.

If you have concerns about this mailing please contact our Support
team per: http://sourceforge.net/support