sm-spell-submit - [SM-Spell-Submit] [ gmusicbrowser-Bugs-1379467 ] Troubles with gstreamer backend

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: "SourceForge.net" <noreply AT sourceforge.net>
  • To: noreply AT sourceforge.net
  • Subject: [SM-Spell-Submit] [ gmusicbrowser-Bugs-1379467 ] Troubles with gstreamer backend
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 04:08:51 -0700

Bugs item #1379467, was opened at 2005-12-13 13:35
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by vlaaad
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=768545&aid=1379467&group_id=147463

not just the latest update.
Category: gstreamer
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I open a bug to let you track the different problems
one can have with gstreamer backend (with the last
devel version 0.9428)

Indeed I first thought it works well with alsa sink,
but there are random bugs as you already noticed.

First, gmusicbrowser sometimes refuses after a while to
play the next file in a list. Pause/Play button doesn't
have any effect. Double-click in the browser works and
let me play one song, but the next one will then not be
played, you can only get it with double click in the
browser iirc. Note that when that happens, it is
impossible to quit gmusicbrowser, either with the quit
button, quit menu or close button from the window title
bar. You can only kill -9 and lost all the stats of the
session... :'(

The second bug is more rare, but sometimes,
gmusicbrowser just crash with a segfault. :-/

autoaudio sink doesn't work at all. I may be good to
have other sink such as esd or arts for Gnome/KDE users.

There's a lot of things for one bug filed, sorry... ;-)

GStreamer 0.05 has been released few days ago, but
requires latest gstreamer 0.10.0, I don't know if it
could enhance the things...

Please let me know if I can help you in one way or
another, or if you need more informations about these
bugs to kill them ;-)