sm-spell-submit - [SM-Spell-Submit] New spell submission information

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: " Source Mage - Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>, " Source Mage - Users" <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Source Mage - Spell Submit" <sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [SM-Spell-Submit] New spell submission information
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:55:07 -0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)

Dear spell creators,

This is just my once-in-a-while spell submittal HOWTO, please do not start
a discussion on it. :)

When submitting a spell at http://bugs.sourcemage.org/, under the "New
Spells" module, please remember to include the name of the spell (and only
one spell per bug, otherwise it gets messy and annoys maintainers ;)) and
it's section in the subject along with a description of the spell and it's
tarball in the body (the tarball will have to be added after the spell is
submitted). If the maintainer does not respond to you within 1 week,
please contact me, Eric Sandall (eric AT sandall.us), in the CC with an
explanation of why you are sending me an e-mail (in this case, because the
maintainer hasn't responded to your submission, perhaps he/she is on
vacation? ;)) and I will try to resolve the issue (probably just test it
myself, and if it works out, add it to the devel grimoire). If you are
having other problems with the maintainer (haven't heard of any so far,
but just in case), again, please e-mail me with a description of the
problem and I will help resolve the issue. If your problem is with me, or
you don't like me (don't know why these would happen, but I don't know why
the prior would happen either, so I'm putting these here just to be
thurough ;)), then you may e-mail Eric Schabell (erics AT sourcemage.org)
(yep, another Eric ;)).

To check if a spell already exists in the grimoire, check here:
http://codex.sourcemage.org/listing.html

Spell writing info can be found here:
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Spellbook
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=SpellwritingForDummies
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=SpellSubmissionReadme
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=LicenseList
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=GenericDependences

You may also want to check how some of the trickier spells are done by
looking in the grimoire (may even find more bugs for us! ;))

I will probably repost this e-mail once a month, to remind current users
and inform new ones.

(I would like to cross-post this with sm-users and sm-spell-submit, but we
recently had a mandate from above not to ;)).

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61

  • [SM-Spell-Submit] New spell submission information, Eric Sandall, 07/15/2003