sm-spell-submit - [SM-Spell-Submit] Updated spell: j2sdk [section z-rejected]

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Grail Dane <grail69 AT hotmail.com>
  • Subject: [SM-Spell-Submit] Updated spell: j2sdk [section z-rejected]
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 02:32:45 -0600 (CST)

Attached is the updated j2sdk spell which brings it up to date with the
LFS hint. It no longer uses the native motif libraries, instead it
statically links against the one included with the source. This fixes the
crashes I was experiencing with the previous j2sdk.

The source files needed from Sun have changed, see the DETAILS file for
more info. I had to dispel lesstif before compiling j2sdk (it can be
recast afterwards). This will either need to be added as a CONFLICT, or
lesstif's /usr/include/Xm directory will need to be moved out of the way
during compilation.

Let me know if you have any problems. I've successfully built once from
the spell, I'm trying again right now.

-casey