sm-spell-submit - Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]New spell [ section : graphics ] transcode

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve01 AT pi.be>
  • To: eric AT sandall.us, " Source Mage - Graphics" <seth AT tautology.org>
  • Cc: " Source Mage - Spell Submit" <sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]New spell [ section : graphics ] transcode
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 18:09:21 +0100

On Friday 22 November 2002 05:53, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Transcode is a text console video-stream processing tool. It supports
> elementary video and audio frame transformations. Some example modules are
> included to enable import of MPEG-1/2, Digital Video, and other formats.
> It also includes export modules for writing to AVI files with DivX,
> OpenDivX, XviD, Digital Video or other codecs. Direct DVD transcoding is
> also supported. A set of tools is available to extract and decode the
> sources into raw video/audio streams for import and to enable
> post-processing of AVI files.
>
> Now updated to 0.6.2.
>
> Please give feedback on new spells, even if it's just "Won't add <+
> reason, please>", or "I'll get to it soon", or even "Put it in yourself".

I was also writing a spell for this.

It works, but I found some more dependencies. which I enclose.

I didn't get around to filling in the various options and explanations
----

treeve@Sourcemage:/mygrim/section/transcode$ cat DEPENDS
depends autoconf &&
depends automake &&
depends nasm &&
#optional_depends "something" "yes extra flags" "no" "what for"
optional_depends "libdv" "" "" "controls digit video camera" &&
optional_depends "libdvdread" "" "" "DVD navigation support" &&
optional_depends "lzo" "" "" "compression tools" &&
optional_depends "ImageMagick" "" "" "image editing tools" &&
optional_depends "a52dec" "" "" "" &&
optional_depends "libxml2" "" "" "" &&
optional_depends "freetype2" "" "" "" &&
optional_depends "jpeg" "" "" "" &&
optional_depends "lame" "" "" "" &&
optional_depends "SDL" "" "" "" &&
optional_depends "gtk+2" "" "" "" &&
optional_depends "libquicktime" "" "" "" &&
optional_depends "libogg" "" "" "" &&
optional_depends "libvorbis" "" "" ""
#optional_depends "fame" "" "" "" &&
#optional_depends "" "" "" "" &&