sm-spell-submit - [SM-Spell-Submit]Re: [Section: perl-cpan] new spells: Convert-ASN1, perl-ldap

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: Lyon Lemmens <redlemon AT knoware.nl>
  • Cc: sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Spell-Submit]Re: [Section: perl-cpan] new spells: Convert-ASN1, perl-ldap
  • Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 16:58:16 -0400

Great! Could you please let me know if the perl-ldap's `make' detects IO::Socket::SSL on your system? Thanks!

Lyon Lemmens wrote:

On Thursday 03 October 2002 00:55, Sergey A Lipnevich wrote:

Hi,

This is a perl-ldap spell with its dependency, Convert-ASN1. I've been
successful in compiling both of these with current OpenLDAP 2.1.5 and
then altering Bugzilla to use this for LDAP authentication instead of
the two-year-old interface between Perl and LDAP that they seem to be
using. Although IO-Socket-SSL might be installed, perl-ldap doesn't
detect it, so LDAPS scheme (LDAP over SSL) doesn't work. I may be
looking into this later. Be advised that in Net::LDAP->new(), you have
to specify version => 3, to do any non-trivial things with OpenLDAP
2.1.x.

--Sergey.

Sergey,

thank you for your spell. I'll put into the development grimoire this week.