sm-spell-submit - [SM-Spell-Submit]New spell [ section : utils ] jigdo

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: " Source Mage - Spell Submit" <sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: " Source Mage - Utils" <jschmidt AT fnal.gov>
  • Subject: [SM-Spell-Submit]New spell [ section : utils ] jigdo
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 22:12:57 -0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)

Jigsaw Download, or short jigdo, is a tool designed to ease the
distribution of very large files over the internet, for example CD or DVD
images. Its aim is to make downloading the images as easy for users as a
click on a direct download link in a browser, while avoiding all the
problems that server administrators have with hosting such large files.

I created this spell so that I could create a Debian GNU/Linux ISO cd for
the Sparc, so I'll (soon) be able to start working on an SMGL port to the
Sparc. :)

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle

--
Eric Sandall | Source Mage GNU/Linux
Developer

  • [SM-Spell-Submit]New spell [ section : utils ] jigdo, Eric Sandall, 10/02/2002