sm-spell-submit - [SM-Spell-Submit]updated spell: kbirthday [section: KDE] (now working again)

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: ^GiuAnZ^ <djcomputer AT gmx.net>
  • To: SM-Spell-Submit <sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Eric Womack <eric AT lasvegasdata.com>
  • Subject: [SM-Spell-Submit]updated spell: kbirthday [section: KDE] (now working again)
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 22:19:02 +0200

"KBirthday is a kicker-applet that reminds you of birthdays
from your KDE 3 addressbook.
KBirthday uses the KDE addressbook API to access the
addressbook data. So you can use your favourite addressbook
frontend to manage your friends addresses and birthdays."

This tool was once in the grimoire, then it was removed after the gcc 3.x
update 'cos it was not able to compile properly; if set USEGCC2 instead, it
wasn't able to pass the configure phase.

I'm so busy and I forgot my girlfriend's birthday so I realized I really
needed to get this tool working again. I've gone into the code and fixed by
my own. The spell includes the patch.

Tech info:
The trouble relies on the fact that gcc 3.x does not want you to specify
default arguments for functions twice (in the prototype and in the
declaration), and if you do that, it exits with the error "default argument
given for parameter <x> of <function>". I will send an email to the author -
guess he uses gcc 2.95 and is not concerned about these compilation problems
- so he'll probably release a new version, but since then the spell will
apply the patch.

--
^GiuAnZ^ - Giovanni Lopedote, Bari, Italy

  • [SM-Spell-Submit]updated spell: kbirthday [section: KDE] (now working again), ^GiuAnZ^, 09/02/2002