sm-spell-submit - [SM-Spell-Submit]Updated spell: j2sdk Section: devel

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: Gareth Clay <g.clay AT warwick.ac.uk>
  • To: Source Mage Spells <sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: julian AT OpenIT.DE
  • Subject: [SM-Spell-Submit]Updated spell: j2sdk Section: devel
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 17:49:19 +0100 (BST)

Hi there,

I've updated the j2sdk spell to SDK 1.4.0_01. Because Blackdown seem to
have stopped work on their independent ports (I've been told that the Sun
Linux port is actually Blackdown's now - not confirmed), I've had to use
Sun's SDK.

This means that this spell is quite different. You have to download the
SDK manually, but the spell gives full instructions on how to do this.
Once the file is downloaded the spell takes over the installation,
allowing the SDK to be dispelled as normal.

I know it's a bit weird, but this is the only way I can think of to
provide a spell for any new versions of the j2sdk. It would be a shame to
leave the spell languishing at version 1.3.1. Also, this is how the Gentoo
source-based distribution handles their SDK installation, so we're not the
only one's stuck with this method ;)

Please let me know what you think and if I can help you at all if the
spell needs adjustment then just give me a shout.

Cheers,
Gareth