sm-sorcery - [SM-Sorcery] Re: working on the project

sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Sorcery related topics

  • From: Eric Schabell <sorcery AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: jb <palusso AT cox.net>
  • Cc: sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Sorcery] Re: working on the project
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 15:52:19 +0100

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 12:14:46AM -0700, jb wrote:
> hi, after reading your news release, i was wondering what it takes
> to get on the team testing patches etc.... what type of experience
> needed or what other help you might need. let me know at
> palusso AT cox.net thx.

Hello jb,

Well, it only takes:

1) a bugzilla account (bugs.sourcemage.org)
2) an SMGL installed machine
3) a willingness to try to verify a reported bug (providing us with
information in the bug as to how it fails)
4) or a willingness to find the bug and supply a patch
5) or to just test proposed fixes by using the devel sorcery branch and
updating when new fixes are applied to test against reported bugs (thus
verifying a fix).

Any and/or all of the above help greatly in our attempts to improve
sorcery.

Hope to see you soon in the sorcery bug lists,

Eric Schabell
Sorcery Team Lead

  • [SM-Sorcery] Re: working on the project, Eric Schabell, 02/01/2004