sm-sorcery - Re: [SM-Sorcery] Solo spells and other casts

sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Sorcery related topics

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Sorcery] Solo spells and other casts
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:48:33 -0800

On Monday 24 November 2003 02:46 pm, Eric Sandall wrote:
> I just had my mozilla fail to compile (it's been going for a few hours now)
> because a 'cast --queue' started to update the linux kernel, and I wasn't
> paying attention (yes, this is mostly (all) my fault, but keep reading).
>
> We have it set so that while a SOLO spell (linux, glibc, etc.) is being
> cast, /nothing/ else will cast, but what about when other things are
> already casting and a SOLO spell wants to be cast? I think we should set
> this to be a bi-directional stop of casts. What I mean is, if a SOLO spell
> is being cast, no other spell may be cast (they wait for the SOLO lock to
> be removed), and while other spells are being cast, no SOLo spell can be
> cast (waits for all locks to be removed).
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -sandalle

Since I'm not on the Sorcery team, I think it's a wonderful idea. :^) I
have
burned myself a time or two doing the same thing. (Actually, I would also
think it was a wonderful idea if I were on the Sorcery team.)

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)
Father of five (http://www.flattfamily.com/)