sm-sorcery - Re: [SM-Sorcery] obsolete sorcery version

sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Sorcery related topics

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Sorcery] obsolete sorcery version
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:50:22 -0800

> The current versions are available at
> http://download.sourcemage.org/sorcery/
> (I just checked). I have no control over Andrew's server (or anyone else's
> server, for that matter), so I cannot make sure that it stays in sync. The
> only thing I can do on that part is pull the URL from the list of mirrors.
>
> Maybe I can get Andrew to check his server to make sure his update scripts
> are
> getting processed correctly?
sorry I was out for the weekend.

I do two things, I rsync from the server with the following command
rsync -av --bwlimit=20 ibiblio.org::sourcemage ~ftp/smgl-mirror
I also do summon --all on all the grimoires and so forth

then I have some pretty simply scripts to link the newly rsynced files
into my /var/spool/sorcery (which is where ftp://t.armory.com/sorcery
goes) and leave all the old ones. That way if we need any old tarball
from a previous spell version, or if for some awful reason someone is
using an out of date grimoire at least they wont get 404ed.

I was unaware that I was mirroring sorcery as well. I can start linking
sorcery tarballs into my ~ftp/sorcery archive as well. Although I've been
running sorcery update nightly for quite some time, which should have
been placing things appropriatly, and I have no idea why it would be
out of date.

Im sorry for any inconvenience.

Both /sorcery and /smgl-mirror have appropriate files (november 10th).

-Andrew