sm-sorcery - Re: [SM-Sorcery]sorcery menus get stuck

sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Sorcery related topics

  • From: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • To: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • Cc: eric AT sandall.us, sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Sorcery]sorcery menus get stuck
  • Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 08:45:26 -0500

I guess I am one of the unlucky one as it doesn't come back for me. After waiting 10 minutes it still hadn't returned.

When casting it seems to be summoning the source files twice again. Also even though I have it set to NOT clear the source files on failure it is doing so, and it is writing success in the activity long even if the spell failed.

(this is using the CVS version of sorcery.)

CuZnDragon
Robin Cook

Dufflebunk wrote:
The problem is the locking. Because of the way things work right now,
sorcery is locking and unlocking the lock config once for each option in
the features menu. So it's slow. There are other instances of this
problem in other spots, I'm sure. There is a lot more locking now than
there was. The additional locking is to try to minimize corrupted files.
We know there are some rough spots with it, I'll fix them as time allows
(as I did with the cast), but my main focus is to fix the depends stuff.
After that is in (tonight I hope), I'll be able to focus on getting
things running smoothly again. Similarly for Nick, there are a couple of
things he want's to finish adding.
So, in summary, I apreciate everyones tollerance of the breakage in
the
last month :) and the 0.8 series is almost done. The 0.9 series will be
a polishing one which will fix all the bugs and shouldn't break
anything. Keep the reports coming in. We may not fix them right away,
but the reports are important!